Sunday, February 20, 2011

My Football team thoughts.


This is basically what I think about all 32 of the NFL football teams. I will also add their standings in the current season (Which will be updated weekly) and their Superbowl performances and maybe some trivia. It is in alphabetical order.




Arizona Cardinals. If there is one word that I suppose can describe the Cardinals it is mediocrity. There was the obvious Superbowl exception, but in my memory they usually don't do much. they can be bad, but they're usually just mediocre. I have no real beef with the Cardinals. They aren't a team that I mind so much. They wouldn't make my list of favorite teams but they wouldn't make my list of most hated teams either.


Last season standings: 8-8
Playoffs: No
Division: 2nd
Last Game: 23-20 overtime win over the Seattle Seahawks


Superbowl: 0-1 Superbowl XLIII 21-10 Loss to Pittsburgh Steelers



Trivia: The oldest continuous professional football team in America, the Cardinals have gone through many locations and names; Morgan Athletic Club, Racine Normals, Racine Cardinals, Chicago Cardinals, St. Louis Cardinals, Phoenix Cardinals, and finally the Arizona Cardinals.
















Atlanta Falcons- Another team that I really don't mind. I don't like them as much as I would like the Cardinals or something but they're okay. I wouldn't support them unless it directly benefited one of my favorite teams. I don't really care about the Falcons too much. They're okay I suppose.


Last Season Standings: 10-7
Playoffs: Yes
Division: 2nd
Last game: 24-2 loss to the New York Giants Wild Card playoff round


Superbowl: 0-1 Superbowl XXXIII 34-19 Loss to Denver Broncos




Trivia: Green Bay’s Brett Favre was a backup Quarterback during his rookie year with the Falcons. the only season that Packer great Brett Favre was on the roster for the Falcons he threw 0 completions on 4 attempts with no touchdowns and 2 interceptions.




































Baltimore Ravens-yet again this is a team that I don't have a lot of problems with. My biggest beef is that my favorite team has never beaten them at home (Baltimore). Yes they are also the division rivals of my second favorite team but I dunno, with those two combos I should hate them more. I don't though.



Last season standing: 12-4
Playoffs: Yes
Division: 1st
Last game: 24-16 win over the Cincinnati Bengals

Superbowl: 1-0 Superbowl XXXV 34-7 win over the New York Giants



The Baltimore Ravens came into existence when owner Art Modell moved his Cleveland Browns there in 1996. Modell was forced to leave behind all rights to the Browns past records and history. When it came to naming the new Baltimore franchise, the final three names were Ravens, Americans, and Marauders. Also, the name Ravens comes form the famous Edgar Allen Poe poem "The Raven"


















Buffalo Bills- Not a huge fan of these guys. My favorite team seems to have a habit of beating them which is nice (I remember though, one game we smashed a Bill so hard that it was uncertain whether or not he would walk again. He did but his career was over. Unfortunate). I must say though that out off all of the teams, I feel the most sorry for them. You'll see why soon. But overall, I'm not a huge fan of them.



Last season standing: 6-10
Playoffs: No
Division: 4th
Last game: 49-21 loss to the New England Patriots


Superbowl: 0-4 Superbowl XXV 20-19 loss to New York Giants



Superbowl XXVI 37-24 loss to Washington Redskins



Superbowl XXVII 52-17 loss to Dallas Cowboys



Superbowl XXVIII 30-13 loss to Dallas Cowboys



Trivia: The Buffalo Bills hold the record for most consecutive Superbowl appearances at 4 in a row. They lost every single one of them.


Running back O.J. Simpson ran for more 100 yard games during the 1970′s than any other player with 41. Then, on June 12th 1994 he murdered his ex-wife Nicole Brown and Ronald Goldman. Let's face it he did it. I read his book in which he details how he killed them. He did it...anyway, moving on.
















Carolina Panthers- This is another team that usually (in my memory) doesn't do so well. However, one year they went 1-15 (I think) and the next year under a new head coach (the one currently hired by my favorite team. have you guessed yet?) they went to the Superbowl. Scroll down to see how that went. I have no animosity towards the Panthers. They aren't division rivals of any of my teams, they don't have a habit of beating any of my teams they are just another team to me.



Last season standing: 6-10
Playoffs: No
Division: 3rd
Last game:45-17 loss to the New Orleans Saints



Superbowl: 0-1 Superbowl XXXVIII 32-29 loss to New England Patriots



Trivia: In the Panthers second season they came one game short of the Super Bowl.



























Chicago Bears:  ah, now we get to a team I actually like. It's my 4th favorite team in the NFL. There are times when I wish they would do better. They usually get really close to the Superbowl but then they lose. I like the Bears because my mother is from Chicago. So, I have to have some loyalty there.



Last season standing: 8-8
Playoffs: No
Division: 3rd
Last game: 17-13 win over the Minnesota Vikings


Superbowl: 1-1 Superbowl XX 46-10 win over New England Patriots



Superbowl XLI 29-17 loss to Indianapolis Colts



The Bears have played two football games that have ended with the score being 2-0.  They have won one and lost one and both games were against the rival Green Bay Packers.  There have only been five 2-0 games total in history.


































Cincinnati Bengals- A rival of a team I like. Otherwise I have no real problem with them. My brother likes the Bengals because his favorite animal growing up was the tiger and we all chose our football loyalties pretty young so..there you go. My other brother likes a different team for the same reason. No real problem with the Bengals. My second favorite team rarely has problems beating them. They're okay I suppose.



Last season standings: 9-8
Playoffs: Yes
Division: 3rd
Last game: 31-10 loss to the Houston Texans


Superbowl: 0-2 Superbowl XVI 26-21 loss to San Fransisco 49ers.



Superbowl XXIII 20-16 loss to San Fransisco 49ers.



Trivia: The Cincinnati Bengals had no 1,000 yard rushers during the entire 1970′s.






































Cleveland Browns- ha ha just kidding. Although that's where the name comes from.



















There you go. That's the one. Well, as for the team itself, I am not a fan of them really. To me the only significance the Browns hold for me is that they were a stepping stone that my team overcame to get to the Superbowl. That's all. I don't really like them. They're also a division rival of one of my teams so there's a strike there. But overall, as a team, they're just kind of...there...they don't really do much.



Last season standings: 4-12
Playoffs: No
Division: 4th
Last game: 13-9 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers


Superbowl: 0-0





Trivia: During the 1982 strike shortened season Cleveland’s record was 4-5 and still qualified them for the playoffs.




























Dallas Cowboys- they seem to me to be an incredibly popular team. Even Hitler likes the Cowboys






Isn't that a bad thing? I just do not like the Cowboys. I cannot stand them. They beat my favorite team in the Superbowl  what's to like about that? I cannot understand why a lot of people like them. The Cowboys are one of my least favorite teams.



Current season standings: 8-8
Playoffs: No
Division: 3rd
Last game: 31-14 loss to the New York Giants



Superbowl: 5-3 Superbowl V 16-13 loss to Baltimore Colts



Superbowl VI 24-3 win over Miami Dolphins



Superbowl X 21-17 loss to Pittsburgh Steelers



Superbowl XII 27-10 win over Denver Broncos



Superbowl XIII 35-31 loss to Pittsburgh Steelers



Superbowl XXVII 52-17 win over Buffalo Bills



Superbowl XXVIII 30-13 win over Buffalo Bills



Superbowl XXX 27-17 win over Pittsburgh Steelers




Trivia: At one time the original owners of the Cowboys purchased the rights to “Hail to the Redskins”, the fight song of the Washington Redskins, and threatened not to let the Redskins use it.
























Denver Broncos- well, here we have it. The Denver Broncos. My favorite team in the NFL. It's my hometown team so yeah, It's my favorite. They may not always be the most reliable (Lately if a crappy team is playing in Denver, that team is going to wipe the floor with Denver. It's stupid. Help us Fox) Despite their ups and downs I'm still loyal to them. I will be forever. I can't wait until they win another Superbowl. It's gonna happen. Soon. I can feel it. And let's face it, if the Broncos had gotten into the Superbowl against the Seahawks, the Broncos would have massacred them. You know this to be true. we pretty much have the most famous defense in the NFL. The Orange Crush. We rock and you know it!



Current season standings: 9-8
Playoffs: Yes
Division: 1st
Last game: 29-23 overtime win over the Pittsburgh Steelers


Superbowl: 2-4 Superbowl XII 27-10 loss to Dallas Cowboys



Superbowl XXI 39-20 loss to New York Giants



Superbowl XXII 42-10 loss to Washington Redskins



Superbowl XXIV 55-10 loss to San Fransisco 49ers



Superbowl XXXII 31-24 win over Green Bay Packers



Superbowl XXXIII 34-19 win over Atlanta Falcons




Trivia: Of the eight original founding AFL teams, only the Denver Broncos and Buffalo Bills have never moved from their original city.




The Broncos original uniforms were brown pants, brown helmets, mustard yellow and white jerseys, and vertically striped socks. The uniforms were so ill-received by the fans that when the team redesigned them two years later they conducted a public bonfire of the striped socks.




During Super Bowl XXXII, in which the Broncos defeated the Packers, Running Back Terrell Davis overcame a migraine headache so severe that it caused him blurred vision to become the Super Bowl MVP.




November 17, 1996 – The Broncos routed the Patriots 34–8 at Foxboro Stadium. This was the game where Shannon Sharpe infamously ranted on a sideline phone: "Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!


The stadium's legendary home-field advantage is regarded as one of the best in the NFL, especially during the post-season. The Broncos have had the best home record in pro football over the past 32 years (1974–2006, 191–65–1). Mile High Stadium was one of the NFL's loudest stadiums, with steel flooring instead of concrete, which may have given the Broncos an advantage over opponents.


No player in NFL history has scored more points for one team than Elam has with the Denver Broncos. He also holds NFL records for best extra point conversion percentage (.995), most consecutive seasons with at least 100 points (15), most seasons with at least 100 points (15), fastest to 300 successful field goals, fastest to 1,600 points and fastest to 1,700 points. Furthermore, Elam was the first player in NFL history to score at least 200 points against three or more teams (San Diego Chargers: 222,  Oakland Raiders: 215, Kansas City Chiefs: 203). Elam shares a record with Steve Christie for the most overtime field goals; 9. Elam was named to the Denver Broncos 50th Anniversary Team in 2009. On October 25, 1998, Elam kicked a 63-yard Field Goal to end the first half against the Jacksonville Jaguars, tying Tom Dempsey's 28-year-old record for the longest field goal in NFL history.



"God Bless America"


"Yeah, God Bless America"


"...and Go Broncos"


-Stan Marsh and Kyle Broflovski-Osama Bin Laden has Farty Pants.



See, the Broncos have South Park rooting for them. The Cowboys have Hitler. ooh. poor Cowboys.
























Detroit Lions-You know when I was doing the paragraph about the Bengals and I said that my older brother only liked the Bengals because thy were a 'tiger' team? Well, my younger brother's favorite animal was a Lion...ooh. Tough break. But I will say that watching him react to abysmal season after abysmal season and cheering because the Lions only lose a game by 3 points is kinda sad. But I suppose that makes Detroit Lions fans some of the most loyal fans in the world. I personally dislike the Lions. They just aren't good. I mean, let's take a look at one of their more memorable seasons.






But people still show up for Lion's games so...there is that. Like I said, they're among the most loyal fans out there.



Last season standing: 10-7
Playoffs: Yes
Division: 2nd
Last game: 45-28 loss to the New Orleans saints



Superbowl: 0-0



Trivia: Wide Receiver Chuck Hughes died of a heart attack during a game in 1971, his number 85 was subsequently retired.



Originally started in 1929 as the Portsmouth Spartans, they joined the NFL in 1930 and in 1933 became the Detroit Lions.





































Green Bay Packers- I hate the Packers. I know my Lion loving younger brother would be happy to hear that. I didn't start out hating them but as of recently I have grown to dislike them. They have a good Superbowl record. But wait...they've lost one!! To whom? Oh really you mean, the DENVER BRONCOS!!! Oh the Broncos beat the Packers in the Superbowl how nice! But yeah, overall the Packers aren't a team I like very much. I know for most people, you either really love or totally despise the Packers. There doesn't seem to be much in between. Same with the Cowboys.


Current season standings: 15-1
Playoffs: Yes
Division: 1st
Last game: 45-41 win over the Detroit Lions


Superbowl: 4-1 Superbowl I 35-10 win over Kansas City Chiefs


Superbowl II 33-14 win over Oakland Raiders


Superbowl XXXI 35-21 win over New England Patriots


Superbowl XXXII 31-24 loss to Denver Broncos


Superbowl XLV 31-25 win over Pittsburgh Steelers


Trivia: In 1974, in what has become known as one of the worst trades in history, the Green Bay Packers traded two first round draft picks, two second round draft picks, and a third round draft pick to the Los Angeles Rams for 34 year old quarterback John Hadl.


The Green Bay Packers are not only the only NFL team that is publicly owned by the community and fans, it is the only professional sports team in the United States with such an ownership arrangement.







































Houston Texans- You know, I kinda like rooting for the underdogs. As such I would like these guys to at least get into one playoff game in the very near future. And if the Houston fans think about it, I'm sure they do too. I like the Texans. Pretty much because they're the underdog. I especially like the Christmas present they gave me last year in giving the Broncos the win that Sunday. But they're alright. I'd root for them in the playoffs (confliction pending).


Current season standings: 11-6
Playoffs: Yes
Division: 1st
Last game: 31-10 win over the Cincinnati Bengals


Superbowl: 0-0


Trivia: The 32nd team, and 2002 expansion franchise, was originally awarded to the city of Los Angeles. After the Los Angeles ownership groups were unable to put together an approvable package, the NFL awarded the team to Houston.



The Texans became the first expansion team to win their first two season openers after beating the Cowboys in 2002 and then the Dolphins in 2003.



During a 2006 game against the Oakland Raiders, the Texans finished the game with negative 5 yards passing and still won.



































Indianapolis Colts- This team..to me this team is like the New York Yankees of the NFL. They always seem to do well. Not this past season but they always do. However, unlike the Yankees, every other Superbowl is not against them. The way the play in the regular season, you would expect it though. Payton Manning though, that guy...Well, I'd like that guy at the helm of the Broncos I can tell you that. But I overall am not a Colts fan. I just kinda dislike them. My brother (the Lions fan) he likes them but I do not.


Last season standings: 2-14
Playoffs: No
Division: 4th
Last game: 19-13 loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars

Superbowl: 2-2 Superbowl III 16-7 loss to New York Jets


Superbowl V 16-13 win over Dallas Cowboys


Superbowl XLI 29-17 win over Chicago Bears


Superbowl XLIV 31-17 loss to New Orleans Saints


Trivia: In 1999, the Indianapolis Colts became the first team in NFL history to win ten more games than they had the previous year.



The Colts were the first NFL team to have cheerleaders.

















Jacksonville Jaguars- I hate the Jags. I really do. Whenever the Broncos play them we just can't win. I don't think that I would like them even if they didn't have a habit of beating Denver. Maybe not though. However, in any Jacksonville v. Denver argument I may get into I always have an ace up my sleeve. Shown soon


Current season standing: 5-11
Playoffs: No
Division: 3rd
Last game: 19-13 win over the Indianapolis Colts

Superbowl: 0-0 (That's the ace in the hole)


Trivia: In 1999, just the Jaguars fourth season in the league, they compiled a 14-2 record which was the best in the NFL that year.



The 1999 Jaguars team, counting playoff games, finished the season 15-3 with all three losses coming against the Tennessee Titans. This is the only time in NFL history that a team with three losses has lost all those games to the same team.
































Kansas City Chiefs-There aren't may rivalry rules in the NFL, one of those rules though, is that no matter how good or bad either team is doing, the Broncos will always win at Mile High against the Chiefs and the Chief will always win at Arrowhead over the Broncos. If one team does win at the stadium of the other they will lose at their stadium. Rarely have I seen this rule broken on either end. I mean, look at Denver's last season. 4-12. One of their wins was in Denver against the Chiefs. We massacred them as a matter of fact. But being division rivals I hate the Chiefs. I wish that they would always lose (unless it benefited the Broncos if they won of course). I dislike them.


Current season standing: 7-9
Playoffs: No
Division: 4th
Last game: 7-3 win over the Denver Broncos


Superbowl: 1-1 Superbowl I 35-10 loss to Green Bay Packers


Superbowl IV 23-7 win over Minnesota Vikings


Trivia: Former owner Lamar Hunt was the person who came up with the name Super Bowl for the NFL’s championship game.



The Chiefs were the first team in the NFL to use Gatorade on the sideline of a regular season game.



































Miami Dolphins- the Miami Dolphins are another team that I dislike intensely. I just do not like them. I don't know why. It's not like the Dolphins and the Broncos play that often or anything. I just cannot stand the Miami Dolphins. Chuck Norris can though, he keeps the 1972 Miami Dolphins in an aquarium in his backyard. the '72 Dolphins being the only undefeated team in NFL history of course.


Last season standings: 6-10
Playoffs: No
Division: 3rd
Last game: 19-17 win over the New York Jets

Superbowl: 2-3 Superbowl VI 24-3 loss to Dallas Cowboys


Superbowl VII 14-7 win over Washington Redskins 17-0 overall record


Superbowl VIII 24-7 win over Minnesota Vikings


Superbowl XVII 27-17 loss to Washington Redskins


Superbowl XIX 38-16 loss to San Fransisco 49ers


Trivia: to date they are the only team to have an undefeated Superbowl win.


Through 2010, the Dolphins have scored just two overtime touchdowns.  The first came in 1986 on a Dan Marino to Mark Duper pass and the second in 2007 when Cleo Lemon threw a 64 yard score to Greg Camarillo.



Through 2010, the Miami Dolphins are one of just five NFL teams that have never drafted a Heisman Trophy winner in the NFL Draft.



The Miami Dolphins were the first team to lose a regular season football game played outside the United States when they fell to the New York Giants 13-10 in London, England in 2007.































Minnesota Vikings-  The Vikings are another team that I just don't like. It was interesting to see how well, (and then how utterly bad) the did under the waning arm of Brett Favre. (As an interesting side note, I was playing Madden 2008 and i actually managed to successfully trade Jay Cutler for Brett Favre. So, Favre got to be a Bronco and Cutler got to be a Packer. It was so weird to see Favre as a Bronco but that season ended with an undefeated Superbowl so...also, after that season Favre retired and stayed retired unlike the real Favre. Moving on). But yeah, I dislike the Vikings. Not as much as some other teams but I still dislike them.



Last season standing: 3-13
Playoffs: No
Division: 4th
Last game: 17-13 loss to the Chicago Bears


Superbowl: 0-4 Superbowl IV 23-7 loss to Kansas City Chiefs


Superbowl VIII 24-7 loss to Miami Dolphins


Superbowl IX 16-6 loss to Pittsburgh Steelers


Superbowl XI 32-24 loss to Oakland Raiders


The Minnesota Vikings were the first team to play in four Super Bowls, as well as the first team to lose in four Super Bowls.



The Vikings moved to the Metrodome in 1982 and won the first game ever played there, a preseason game against the Seahawks, 7-3.







































New England Patriots- This is my #3 favorite team. I love the Patriots. To me, as the Colts are the Yankees of the NFL, the Patriots are the Red Sox. They always seem to be doing well. They won more consecutive games in one season than the '72 Dolphins. They'll win another Superbowl very soon. At least, if they keep playing the way they do. They finished the last season 14-2. They're pretty good. Man, I love the Patriots. Though, I obviously put the Broncos ahead of the Patriots (The Broncos are undefeated in the Playoffs against the Patriots. Tom Brady's first Playoff loss was to the Broncos and that same loss snapped a 10 game post-season winning streak). But Broncos V. Patriots aside. I like the Patriots a whole lot. My brother (Lions fan) doesn't. I do though.


Current season standings: 13-3
Playoffs: Yes
Division: 1st
Last game: 49-21 win over the Buffalo Bills

Superbowl: 3-3 Superbowl XX 46-10 loss to Chicago Bears


Superbowl XXXI 35-21 loss to Green Bay Packers


Superbowl 20-17 win over St. Louis Rams


Superbowl XXXVIII 32-29 win over Carolina Panthers


Superbowl XXXIX 24-21 win over Philadelphia Eagles


Superbowl XLII 17-14 loss to New York Giants


At one time, the Patriots were the only team in the league who had a picture of a football as part of their helmet logo.



For a brief period in 1971 the team was officially renamed the Bay State Patriots, but before the season started it was decided they would be the New England Patriots.



At Super Bowl XL following the 2005 season, though the Patriots didn’t play in the game, Tom Brady did participate. He was the official coin tosser.
































New Orleans Saints- I have no beef with the Saints. I rooted for them in the Superbowl before last. Not just because I dislike the Colts but because I feel that culturally, I feel the Saints needed the win more after Katrina. I like that Brees is playing for the Saints now as opposed to the Chargers. I like him more as a Saint. But yeah, overall, I don't have any ill feelings for the Saints.


Current season standings: 14-3
Playoffs: Yes
Division: 1st
Last game: 45-28 win over the Detroit Lions


Superbowl: 1-0 Superbowl XLIV 31-17 win over Indianapolis Colts


Trivia: Former Quarterback Archie Manning has two sons that also played Quarterback in the NFL; Peyton and Eli.



The most points the Saints have ever scored in a game is 51.  They have done this three times, the first in 1969 in a week one victory over the St. Louis Cardinals, then again in 1976 in a week 11 victory over the expansion Seattle Seahawks, and finally in 2008 in a week 12 win against the Green Bay Packers. Their record was broken in a 62-7 win over the Indianapolis Colts in 2011



The team’s colors (Black and Gold) came about as a salute to the city’s long standing ties to the oil industry (“Black Gold”).














































 New York Giants-I hate the Giants. A lot. I never like to root for them if I can help it. Yet again this is another team that my Lion loving brother loves but I hate. I don't understand why he likes them he has no reason to. I for one take advantage of my right to hate the Giants. I just despise them.


Last season standings: 10-7
Playoffs: Yes
Division: 1st
Last game: 24-2 win over the Atlanta Falcons

Superbowl: 3-1 Superbowl XXI 39-20 win over Denver Broncos


Superbowl XXV 20-19 win over Buffalo Bills


Superbowl XXXV 34-7 loss to Baltimore Ravens


Superbowl XLII 17-14 win over New England Patriots


Trivia: The New York Giants baseball team moved to San Francisco in 1957, but the football team still uses The New York Football Giants as its official corporate name.



The Giants were one of five teams, and the only one still in existence, to join the NFL in 1925.











































New York Jets- This team is one that I don't have too many problems with either. I don't exactly like them nor would I add them to my list of favorite teams or even least favorite teams. They are just a middle of the road team for me. I don't entirely dislike them.


Last season standing: 8-8
Playoffs: No
Division: 2nd
Last game: 19-17 loss to the Miami Dolphins


Superbowl: 1-0 Superbowl III 16-7 win over Indianapolis Colts



Trivia: The New York Jets were originally known as the New York Titans for their first three years until they were sold to a new ownership group who named them the Jets. As the New York Titans, the team’s uniforms were blue and gold.



The Jets beat the Baltimore Colts in Super Bowl III, which was the first game to be called the Super Bowl, before that it was referred to as the AFL-NFL Championship Game.

































Oakland Raiders-Now let me make one thing perfectly clear: I HATE THE F****** OAKLAND RAIDERS!!! I hate them more than I hate any other team in the NFL. I just despise them. I know that some Raider fans will try to tell you that the Raiders are better than the Broncos. Not so. Did the Broncos become the first team in the NFL to go 7 straight seasons without winning more than 4 games AFTER a slaughter in the Superbowl? The Bucs massacred the Raiders and it hurt them so much that they went 7 seasons without winning more than 4 games. Even the Detroit Lions look at that and laugh. This was their first good season in a long time. They swept the division and went to the playoffs and...wait..What's that you say? They swept the division and DIDN'T go to the playoffs? and they let an opposing Quarterback waltz up the middle for 40 yards and a touchdown? Pathetic. I hate the Raiders. The only reason they ever did well was because of John Madden.


Last season standings: 8-8
Playoffs: No
Division: 3rd
Last game: 38-26 loss to the San Diego Chargers

Superbowl: 3-2 Superbowl II 33-14 loss to Green Bay Packers


Superbowl XI 32-14 win over Minnesota Vikings


Superbowl XV 27-10 win over Philadelphia Eagles


Superbowl XVIII 38-9 win over Washington Redskins


Superbowl XXXVII 48-21 loss to Tampa Bay Buccaneers


Trivia: After beating the Kansas City Chiefs in the last game of the 2010 season, the Oakland Raiders became the first NFL team to ever go undefeated in their division and still not make the playoffs.



The NFL’s “Lyle Alzado Rule”, named for former Los Angeles Raiders Defensive Lineman Lyle Alzado, basically states that a player may not take his helmet off after a play is over and use it to beat on an opposing player.



In Super Bowl XXXVII, Rich Gannon set the record for most interceptions thrown in the Super Bowl with 5.













































Philadelphia Eagles-This is another team that I cannot stand. I hate the Eagles. I don't know why but I just do not like them. I guess I have a greater tendency to hate NFC teams or something what with almost all of my favorite teams being AFC. So, I hate the Eagles. not a fan of them.


Last season standings: 8-8
Playoffs: No
Division: 2nd
Last Game: 34-10 win over the Washington Redskins

Superbowl: 0-2 Superbowl XV 27-10 loss to Oakland Raiders


Superbowl XXXIX 24-21 loss to New England Patriots


Trivia: The Frankford Yellow Jackets, Philadelphia’s original entry in the NFL, went bankrupt and folded in 1931. This opened the way for a new team and the Eagles were born in 1933.



Former Defensive End Reggie White was an ordained minister.



In 1943, due to shortages in manpower because of the needs of World War II, the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Philadelphia Eagles temporarily merged, forming the Phil-Pitt Steagles. I can only assume it's true because I'm not smart enough to make something like that up.













































Pittsburgh Steelers- My maternal side is pretty much Pennsylvania. I am as much a Pennsylvanian as I am a Coloradoan by blood. My Grandfather WAS A Pittsburgh Steeler (He worked in the Pittsburgh Steel Mills). So I have as much right to support the Steelers as I do the Broncos. And I act on that right. I will continue to act on it until the day I die. I would still put the Broncos a bit ahead of the Steelers but not by much. I love the Steelers.


Last season standings: 12-5
Playoffs: Yes
Division: 2nd
Last game: 29-23 overtime loss to the Denver Broncos


Superbowl: 6-2. Superbowl IX 16-6 win over Minnesota Vikings


Superbowl X 21-17 win over Dallas Cowboys


Superbowl XIII 35-31 win over Dallas Cowboys


Superbowl XIV 31-19 win over St. Louis Rams


Superbowl XXX 27-17 loss to Dallas Cowboys


Superbowl XL 21-10 win over Seattle Seahawks


Superbowl XLIII 27-23 win over Arizona Cardinals


Superbowl XLV 31-25 loss to Green Bay Packers


Trivia: The 1979 Pittsburgh Steelers team that won the Super Bowl consisted of no players that had ever played for any other team in the NFL.



When Art Rooney founded the Pittsburgh Steelers (originally named the Pittsburgh Pirates), he paid the $2,500 (at the time) NFL franchise fee from money he had won betting on horse races. In 1941 the team was renamed the Steelers and the very next year they had their first winning record.



In 1943, due to shortages in manpower because of the needs of World War II, the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Philadelphia Eagles temporarily merged, forming the Phil-Pitt Steagles. The next year, 1944, they merged with the Chicago Cardinals and played as Card-Pitt.

























































San Diego Chargers- I despise the Chargers as they are division rivals of the Broncos. Having said that though, if I was forced a gunpoint to like one of the three Denver division rival teams it would be the Chargers. I still dislike them don't get me wrong, but not as much as the Chiefs of Raiders. Besides, any "which team is better" argument that I would get into with a Chargers fan is easily won as the Broncos have beaten the Chargers more and the Chargers have no Superbowls.



Last season standings: 8-8
Playoffs: No
Division: 2nd
Last game: 38-26 win over the Oakland Raiders




Superbowl: 0-1 Superbowl XXIX 49-26 loss to San Fransisco 49ers



Trivia: Through 2010, the San Diego Chargers are one of just five NFL teams that have never drafted a Heisman Trophy winner in the NFL Draft.



In 1992, the Chargers became the first team ever to lose their first four games of the year and still make the playoffs when they finished 11-5.





The Chargers drafted Quarterback Eli Manning (brother of Peyton and son of Archie) in 2004, and then traded him for Quarterback Phillip Rivers who the Giants had selected three picks later.



























San Fransisco 49ers-This is another team that I despise with everything I have. It is probably on my bottom 5 list of teams. I hate how the 49ers are another team that the Broncos cannot seem to beat (But I checked the stats and we're tied). The 49ers aren't doing amazingly lately. So that's good. But I hate them.


Current season standings: 13-3
Playoffs: Yes
Division: 1st
Last game: 34-27 win over the St. Louis Rams

Superbowl: 5-0 Superbowl XVI 26-21 win over Cincinnati Bengals


Superbowl XIX 38-16 win over Miami Dolphins


Superbowl XXIII 20-16 win over Cincinnati Bengals


Superbowl XXIV 55-10 win over Denver Broncos


Superbowl XXIX 49-26 win over San Diego Chargers



Trivia: Hall-of-Fame Running Back O.J. Simpson finished his career playing for the 49ers...then he killed his wife and Ron Goldman.


In the middle of a game the 49ers were trailing to the Chicago Bears in 1957, San Francisco owner Tony Morabito died of a heart attack. The 49ers came back to win the game.

















































Seattle Seahawks- The Seahawks are another team that I have no animosity towards. I like the Seahawks. They aren't too bad. They're another underdog team that doesn't really do too well a lot of the time with the Superbowl exception (and loss t the Steelers just like the Cardinals). I don't mind the Seahawks. The Broncos don't seen to have a problem beating them at any rate either.


Last season standings: 7-9
Playoffs: No
Division: 3rd
Last game: 23-20 overtime loss to the Arizona Cardinals

Superbowl: 0-1 Superbowl XL 21-10 loss to Pittsburgh Steelers


Trivia: Through 2010, the Seattle Seahawks are one of just five NFL teams that have never drafted a Heisman Trophy winner in the NFL Draft.



The Seahawks first season in the NFL was 1976; they entered the league as an expansion team along with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.



Paul Allen, who bought the Seahawks in 1997, is one of the original founders of the Microsoft Company.



 As of the 2010 season, the Seahawks are the only team with a record of 7-9 to have entered the playoffs. They had Home-field advantage too.



















St. Louis Rams-Don't like 'em. I don't like the Rams. They aren't a team that has done unspeakable evil to one of my teams but I don't like the Rams. They are just an overall forgettable team for me. I dislike the Rams when I even bother to remember them. 


Last season standings: 2-14
Playoffs: No
Division: 4th
Last game: 34-27 loss to the San Fransisco 49ers

Superbowl: 1-2 Superbowl XIV 31-19 loss to Pittsburgh Steelers

Superbowl XXXIV 23-16 win over Tennessee Titans.

Superbowl XXXVI 20-17 loss to New England Patriots

Trivia: Because of worker shortages due to World War II, the Rams sat out the 1943 NFL season.
In one of the most unique trades in professional sports history, 1971 saw Baltimore Colts owner Carroll Rosenbloom trade his entire franchise to Rams owner Robert Irsay. Essentially the two owners swapped complete organizations. No players or other personnel changed teams in the transaction.

The Rams were the first American professional football team with a logo on their helmets.

During 1937, the Rams first year in football, their uniforms were red and black. The next year they changed to the more familiar blue and gold.











































Tampa Bay Buccaneers-I kinda like the Buccaneers or at the very least, I'm extremely pleased with what they did with the Oakland Raiders. Two pirate teams go head to head in the Superbowl. One wins and the other one is wounded for a very long time. The Bucs are another team that I have no animosity towards. I kinda like them. I wouldn't buy Buccaneer jerseys or anything but they're alright.

Last season standings: 4-12
Playoffs: No
Division: 4th
Last game: 45-24 loss to the Atlanta Falcons

Superbowl: 1-0 Superbowl XXXVII 48-21 win over Oakland Raiders.

The Buccaneers lost their first 26 games, not winning a game until near the end of their second season. 

The Buccaneers won their first shutout in team history by the score of 3-0 in 1979.  It happened in the last game of the season and was against the Kansas City Chiefs.

At one time, the Buccaneers had a string of 14 consecutive losing seasons. They were the Detroit Lions of their day I suppose.

Following the death of original owner Hugh Culverhouse, it was revealed that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers organization was close to bankruptcy. The team was almost purchased by Peter Angelos, the owner of baseball’s Baltimore Orioles, who wanted to move the team to Baltimore (since they had lost the Colts years earlier) but at the last minute they were bought by Malcolm Glazer.





























Tennessee Titans-Titans aren't a team that I am a big fan of either. They're another one that I don't hate so much as I don't care about them. Through ineptitude they gave the Broncos a win last season. But eh. I just don't care about the Titans. There's no real reason for me to.


Last season standings: 9-7
Payoffs: No
Division: 2nd
Last game: 23-22 win over the Houston Texans

Superbowl: 0-1 Superbowl XXXIV 23-16 loss to St. Louis Rams.

Trivia: Former Head Coach Jerry Glanville was notorious for leaving game tickets at the gate in the names of famous dead celebrities, usually Elvis Presley.

Former Wide Receiver Ken Burrough was one of the few players to ever wear the number double zero on his jersey.

The Tennessee Titans share some team name history with the New York Jets. After moving from Houston to Tennessee, the Oilers changed their name to the Titans. In the old AFL days, before the merger with the NFL, the Jets original team name had been the New York Titans.











































Washington Redskins- Here we are, the Washington Redskins. Boy did it take me a long time to make it this far. Man, a list like this is not quick to make. Anyway, the Redskins. I am not a Redskins fan. I just don't like them. That has nothing to do with the fact that they are called the Redskins (Isn't that a racial slur anyway?) it's just that I don't like them. They did beat the Broncos in a Superbowl so that probably has something to do with it. I just overall dislike them.

Current season standings: 5-11
Playoffs: No
Division: 4th
Last game: 34-10 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles

Superbowl: 3-2 Superbowl VII 14-7 loss to Miami Dolphins

Superbowl XVII 27-17 win over Miami Dolphins

Superbowl XVIII 38-9 loss to Oakland Raiders

Superbowl XXII 42-10 win over Denver Broncos

Superbowl XXVI 37-24 win over Buffalo Bills

Trivia: Former Redskins great Defensive Lineman Dave Butz’s Uncle Earl was the United States Secretary of Agriculture under Presidents Nixon and Ford.

The franchise started as the Boston Braves for the 1932 season, they then played as the Boston Redskins from 1932-1936 before moving to Washington D.C. and becoming the Washington Redskins in 1937.

The team is named after the city Washington which is within the borders of the District of Columbia, it plays its games in Landover, Maryland, and the team headquarters are in Ashburn, Virginia.





Now, one last thing: near the beginning of this most recent season, I heard people talking about how the opener of the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Baltimore Ravens would be a rematch of the playoff game last year. Well, it cannot be. See, and come on this is just common sense people, A playoff loss can only be avenged with another playoff loss. So, for the Ravens to get revenge on the Steelers then the Ravens would have to beat the Steelers in the playoffs. Likewise, a Superbowl loss can only be avenged with another Superbowl loss. An example, the New York Giants can only get revenge on the Ravens for the destruction that they endured in the Superbowl against the Ravens, by beating the Ravens in the Superbowl. It's just that simple. This also works int he micro-level. An interception can only be avenged with an interception etc.


There is a statute of limitation on smaller things. So an interception in one game cannot be avenged by an interception in the next. 


The statute of Limitations for playoff games is 3 years. If the Ravens do not defeat the Steelers in the playoffs within the next 3 years, then that defeat cannot be avenged. 


There is no Statue of Limitations for the Superbowl. If the Kansas City Chiefs wanted to get revenge on the Green Bay Packers for their defeat in the first ever Superbowl, simply defeating the Packers in any Superbowl will be sufficient revenge. 


However there are amendments to this, For example,Superbowl XXVII and Superbowl XXVIII were both played by the Dallas Cowboys and the Buffalo Bills. The Cowboys won both. For the Bills to get TOTAL revenge, they would need to defeat the Cowboys in 2 consecutive superbowls OR defeat the Cowboys in 4 Superbowls. 




So, those are Lord Naseby's Official Rules of Revenge. 


Hope you liked reading all of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment