Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My review of Tangled

I had yet to see this until Sunday and now that I have seen it I am writing a review of it. I decided to start my review with "I had yet to see this until Sunday and now that I have seen it am writing a review of it. I decided to start my review with "I had yet to see this until Sunday and now that I have seen it I am writing a review of it. I decided to start my review with...

Voice Acting/Characters: By far the best character was the horse. In any other genre, that would be a high insult to the film but since it is Disney and the animals are one step away from anthropomorphic, it's all good. Still, they could have done a little more to ensure that the horse didn't steal the show. After the horse the most engaging character would have to be Flynn Ryder. The rest were okay and generally characters we have seen before. nothing outstandingly special but the all had their moments. 8/10

Plot: Well, it's pretty much par for the course with Disney. It had some new ideas with the story, but it was overall what we've come to expect from a Disney take on a popular fairy tale. Nothing new here. It was an original idea with large bits of the original story in it. Par for the course but still very well done. 8/10.

Screenplay: I found the screenplay of this film to be really clever actually. It was very well done and I suggest to Disney that they should keep whoever wrote the screenplay of this for their next one. The songs of the film are nothing new at all. One song I did not like at all was "I had a Dream" where all of the thugs are singing about their dreams and feelings. It was way too cliche and predictable. Other than that, it was very enjoyable. I found myself laughing at a lot of their lines. 8.5/10

Likableness: I would highly suggest this to anyone and I really enjoyed it. It still had cliche and stereotypical Disney elements to it. It wasn't as fresh as Pixar (to which all animated films are compared to) but it was still more original and better done than a lot of their films. It was a very fun film to watch and I would suggest it to those who have not seen it. 8.5/10

Final Score: 33/40 82% (N)


TRIVIA TIME: 1. This is the most expensive animated film and the second most expensive film ever made.

2. David Schwimmer and Burt Reynolds were cast in roles that were eventually deleted in the pre-production stage.

3. Zachary Levi auditioned for the part of Flynn Rider, and got it, with a British accent. Later this was dropped, and Levi read the role in his own American accent instead.

4. This is the first animated Disney "princess" film to get a PG rating by the MPAA. All other Disney "princess" films got a G rating.

5. An average inch of hair weighs about 50 µg - a light estimate, as blonde hair tends to be lighter than other colors. Animators have said that Rapunzel's hair is approximately 70 feet (840 inches), and consists of about 100,000 strands. That yields 4,200,000,000 µg = 4,200,000 mg = 4,200 g = 4.2 kg (approx 10.4 lbs) of hair.

You'd be surprised what you can do with a frying pan

No comments:

Post a Comment